1. Elephants and great danes be damned — I won’t be the one making any phone calls to estranged family members. Iffen there’s going to be a joyful reconciliation (or any other kind) in the future, I think the whole world knows where to find me. And the rest could find me if they wanted to. Shoot, just wait for genealogy.com to run a free trial offer… 😉
2. I am going to build another bee hive and a few more earth boxes. Then in the spring I will order SIX pounds of bees and make Alex take the queen out of the box. Because it is a powerful feeling to stick your hand into a box of 11,000 bees and not get stung. I am going to remember this next time I have to do some public speaking. Also I’m surprised at how many people are allergic to bee stings.
3. Joyce at B&J Graphics is some sort of graphic genius. Sandra at By Special Request is a cake genius and her husband is a pipe genius. I am surrounded by genius.
4. Lampu is not the greatest Japanese steak house on the planet, but it is a fun place to go with a gang of friends. The cooks all use the same routine that feels a little stale, but they are so good natured that I think they can be forgiven.
5. I am reading a bio of Mark Twain. Like a friend of mine, Twain was a comic genius. But, also like this friend, he sometimes had extremely questionable judgement and was sometimes really mean. I was actually able to use this observation at lunch today which cracked me up because while I was reading yesterday I kept thinking, “wow, this part really reminds me of my friend.” So yes, if I had lived during the time of the Civil War, I might have been friends with Mark Twain. Follow that logic any further and you’ll get seasick.
6. Regarding schadenfreude – don’t ask. If you think you know, you’re probably right and I’m fairly certain word will get around without my help.